We made it to Week 3! Week 3 was harder than week 2, but more for emotional reasons versus withdrawals 🙂 I realize for me, being a girl that a lot of my food issues are related to emotions. If you think about it…we celebrate…with eating, if you feel bad…you eat…if you go out with friends…you eat…if there is a holiday…you eat…you see what I am saying! A lot of social things revolve around food and I noticed this week that I missed eating some of my “favorite bad foods”…specifically in the afternoon or after dinner when I would usually “reward” myself with an indulgent snack. There were a couple of days that I allowed myself a small snack…like nuts or fruit, but mostly I just reminded myself that what I am striving for is SO much greater than what I want right now (the food or snack). That is HUGE progress for me!
Another reason Week 3 was hard…I was tired of eating the same thing! It wasn’t REALLY the same thing…but coming up with different vegetables EACH meal is a lot of vegetables. I did go ahead and purchase Well Fed 2 by Melissa Joulwan and that has helped SO MUCH! We have made so many of her recipes in her book and they are all SO good!! Seriously…SO GOOD!!
- Breakfast: Fried egg, Turkey lunch meat, tomatoes, carrots and watermelon
- Lunch: I can’t remember…and can’t find the picture 🙁
- Dinner: Plantain Nachos from Well Fed 2 with guacamole (THESE ARE AMAZING!!)
- Breakfast: Frittata with Fruit
- Lunch: Turkey lunch meat, sauerkraut, sweet potato with ghee, olives, horseradish mustard mayo sauce and fruit
- Dinner: It was a Girls Night Dinner and Event, so I packed my own Taco Salad to eat with them at the restaurant (because I was still too scared to order out) and fruit and nuts to have in case I was tempted by the cute & sugary snacks that were bound to be there 🙂 But, good news, I didn’t even need my fruit and nuts…it was totally fine!
- Breakfast: Frittata and fruit
- Lunch: Taco Salad with Lettuce and Mango
- Dinner: Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries (one of our favorites), condiments (sauteed onions, tomatoes, pickles, olives and avacado
- Breakfast: Frittata and fruit
- Lunch: Turkey burger with mustard, sauerkraut, olives, cucumber and tomato salad with the Tessemaes Raspberry Vinaigrette (which was pretty good)
- Dinner: Well Fed 2 BBQ Beef, sauteed onions, sweet potato fries and cole slaw (which is really hard to make without sugar)
- Breakfast: Frittata with fruit
- Lunch: Well Fed 2 – Reuben Roll Ups…except with Turkey lunchmeat (SERIOUSLY SO TASTY), steamed carrots and olives
- Dinner: Chicken Sausages with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper from COSTCO, sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Mushroom, Spinach and Bell Pepper Scramble, fruit
- Lunch: Turkey lunch meat with onions sauteed with Tessemaes BBQ sauce (which was pretty good…very vinegary…but that seems to be a theme with their whole 30 sauces)
- Dinner: All natural beef hot dogs, sauerkraut, grilled onions and squash with Well Fed 2 homemade ketchup (which is SO GOOD) and store bought mustard
- Sauce: Homemade Whole 30 Mayo
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Mushroom, Spinach and shredded Sweet Potatoes
- Lunch: Well Fed 2 Plantain Nachos (OUR FAVORITE) with Mangos and Jalepenos
- Dinner: Well Fed 2 / Whole 30 Salmon Cakes, homemade tartar sauce and steamed broccoli (They were SO yummy!)