Week 5! Or should it be called…THE FINAL DAYS!! I really can’t believe that there are only 2 more days. I have mixed emotions…one side says…yay…I can choose to have a little honey or flavored creamer in my coffee if I want!! The other side is scared and doesn’t really know what the next step is…what do I do now? I don’t want to mess up all that I have worked for in the past 30 days!
I did some reading to see what was recommended and Whole 30 recommends adding back in the different groups each week (I think for one day each week and then 6 days break) to see how your body reacts and feels when you have those things. Then you can recognize what symptoms you have and what can be causing them. They also recommend that after that, you stick with a plan similar to the whole 30, but don’t have to be SUPER strict with things like a little added sugar in meat or possibly making some gluten free pizza crust and on special occasions, choose to eat homemade cookies. For us, we started this journey to not only reset our bodies, but also to hopefully lose some excess weight and gain more health and fitness. So, we plan on sticking to the program with a couple little tweaks (mainly adding a little sugar in & maybe making some gluten free treats every once in a while). If we get too out of hand though, we will have to get right back on track! Here are our last 2 days!
- Breakfast: Fried egg, fried shredded sweet potatoes and tomatoes
- Lunch: Natural beef hot dog with turkey lunch meat, sauerkraut, olives, carrots and celery
- Dinner: Chicken sausage, sweet potato chips and spinach salad with tomatoes, olives and homemade ranch dressing
- Breakfast: Fried eggs, spinach, onion, bell pepper & sweet potato scramble (I have to admit, I am a little OVER the scramble for a little while)
- Lunch: We didn’t have any left overs or lunch meat, so I used canned white chicken and make chicken salad (homemade mayo, white pepper, salt) over tomatoes and cantaloupe
- Dinner: Our LAST official meal…we made our very favorite! Plantain nachos from Well Fed 2 with guacamole. Seriously…SO GOOD!
Stay tuned…next up…FINAL RESULTS of our first WHOLE 30!!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]Share: Follow: