Here we are…Day 1of our Slique Challenge 2015! For those of you that are joining us in this journey, we are excited to be doing this together:) For those that are just checking it out to see what is going on…we are excited to share the journey with you! Here is a quick check list to get us started for Day 1…for those of you in our Every Day Oily Matters group…don’t forget to check the link in our Facebook group to get your numbers in to qualify for all the great prizes!! Let’s get started!!Follow:
Can you believe that 2015 is right around the corner?? A new year brings new goals and for most of us, a chance to re-commit to our health and fitness goals:) We have a special opportunity this year to participate in the Slique Challenge 2015! Our Baby Steps Team has inspired us to take the challenge and our team, Every Day Oily Matters, has decided to offer an even more specific challenge:) And this Not So Crunchy Mom is going for the Maximize option!!
We realize that everyone has different goals to reach as well as different budgets. Our goal is to provide four difference programs to choose from and hope one will work well for you! Here are the details:
Now that you know the timeline go ahead and choose your program and order your supplies to get them here in time to begin on January 5th!
In preparing for our Slique Challenge 2015 I did some research to see the testimonials for using the product. I was AMAZED…again, why does this happen with everything Young Living related…here are a couple of my favorites that I found!
This is Jade Taylor and she lost 50 lbs in 14 weeks!! She shares her Slique Success Story in YL October 2012 Essential Edge News, just click here.
Here are some more of the finalists from that same challenge…AMAZING results!!
Are you going to join the Challenge?? If so, order your products and get signed up here so that we know that you are on board!! And…be on the look out for more details in the near future!
If you are interested in participating in the Slique Challenge 2015 and are not a Young Living Independent Distributor, please contact me at email@example.com and I am glad to share with you how to order the products in time or order here. I will make sure you get placed under the person that introduced you to Young Living.
Did you know that you can earn FREE Oils with a program called Essential Rewards? I have to say that when I first started out my journey using Young Living Essential Oils, I was a little afraid of Young Living Essential Rewards (ER) Program. I thought it was one of those programs that I didn’t have any control over and wouldn’t really “pay off”. Well, PLEASE learn from my mistakes and START NOW!
There are SO many reasons to sign up for Young Living Essential Rewards…but the number 1 reason is that you earn points to use towards FREE product! You earn higher percentages as you stay on the program longer. For the first 6 months, you earn 10% back in points. So, if you purchase 100 point value (PV) that means you will earn 10 points. For the 6-12 months, you earn 15% back in points. That would be 15 points on your 100 PV order. After 1 year and beyond, you earn 20% back in points!! That would mean that on your order of 100 PV, that you would earn 20 points. Let’s look at the math for what you earn back with regular purchase of 100 PV for one year.
Isn’t that CRAZY! You would spend $1200 and earn 150 PV back…which basically means you really spend $1050 without doing anything expect ordering every month on Essential Rewards. The even more exciting thing is, after 1 year, those points start adding like crazy! Year two and beyond, if you continued with 100 PV order per month for a total of $1200, you would earn 240 PV of free product EACH year. So, for spending that same $1200, you earn back 240 PV…which means you really spend $960!
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a deal…a sale…pretty much anything that makes me feel like I save money and get more than I paid for! The crazy thing is, as you fall more in love with using the oils, you might find it hard to JUST spend 100 PV…if you start ordering more or even up to the 190 PV or 300 PV total…You will earn points PLUS…free promo oils and deals! Like October’s Monthly Promo for example:
Isn’t it crazy how many free products and points you can earn! I know that initially it seems like a LOT of money, but when you start replacing SO many other household products, reduce in medical bills because there is less or NO need…it is SO worth it! Just think of all the companies that we spend money with on a monthly basis, do they give us free product as a thank you for purchasing from them? Essential Rewards is Young Living‘s way of thanking you for ordering your health products through them.
What do you think about Essential Rewards? Do you think it is a good deal?
Have you been thinking about signing up for the Young Living Premium Kit…now is the time! During the month of September, Not So Crunchy Mom is offering your choice of ONE free Resource with the purchase of a Premium Kit. The two resources to chose from are:
- Essential Oils Pocket Reference Guide (Book): This is a MUST!! It is basically your encyclopedia to your oils. It has a huge amount of information on every oil and blend from Young Living. It also includes a list of symptoms and the oil recommendations to use. Sometimes it gives the scripture references for the oil that it is talking about…how cool is that? It is really the best thing to purchase when you first begin…you will keep it with you at all times
- Gentle Babies (Book): This is also a must for us mommies! It is a great guide to using oils in pregnancy, childbirth and for babies and children.
Don’t miss out and sign up now! Or if you have more questions, let’s set up a time to talk to answer your questions 🙂 Email me and let me know how I can help.Follow:
Resources for you!
When I began my oily journey, I felt like there was such a HUGE learning curve for me as a “SUPER” not so crunchy mom at the time (meaning I didn’t know ANYTHING about natural medicine/health). It was difficult to figure out what the best resources were and what to start with…I hope that I can help by saving you some time by providing a list of resources that you can use on your journey! This is a NEW PAGE on the site and will be kept up to date with new resources that I find and love! For now…look through and enjoy! (and feel free to send me any recommendations that you might have to add to the list!)
Please note that I have created a link to an Amazon store in case you would like to order that way, we often have them available through our team’s bulk buy and am happy to pass along those savings! Just send me a message and I will let you know what is available 🙂
When you First Begin, here are a few resources that I would recommend:
- Essential Oils Pocket Reference Guide (Book): This is a MUST!! It is basically your encyclopedia to your oils. It has a huge amount of information on every oil and blend from Young Living. It also includes a list of symptoms and the oil recommendations to use. Sometimes it gives the scripture references for the oil that it is talking about…how cool is that? It is really the best thing to purchase when you first begin…you will keep it with you at all times 🙂
- Gentle Babies (Book): This is also a must for us mommies! It is a great guide to using oils in pregnancy, childbirth and for babies and children.
- Carrying Case for Home (Product): Many people asked me about what I carry my oils in 🙂 In the beginning when you have 10 or 12 it isn’t that big of deal, but when you get to 20-30, it really needs to be organized to enjoy them! This is a case that I have been using and really like it. I like it because you can easily see the oils, carrying them around the house and can bring them with you if you need to on a trip or something. If I am just out and about, I don’t bring this big case though…more resources on that later!
- Oil Bottle Labels (product): I don’t know if you are like me, but I like things that look pretty! And the YL bottles are just that…but, the tops need a little color and organization…that is why you need these labels!
- Oil-Testimonials (website): This is a great site that you can look up stories of how other people have used the oils with amazing results. http://www.oil-testimonials.com
- Containers to use to make health, body and household recipes (website): I have ordered some items on Amazon, but a great resource is also Abundant Health here are a few items that we have used: small sample bottles,small glass jars, glass bottle with trigger spray, small spray bottles, lip balm containers
To take the next step:
- Inner Transformations Using Essential Oils (Book): This book is SO interesting. It really changed my thoughts about the symptoms that we have and how they can be related to other areas (organs, etc) that are crying out using those symptoms. Sounds crazy, right? Well, you have to read it! Specifically if you are struggling with rashes, detox symptoms, eczema, allergies, digestive issues, constipation, and the list goes on and on, cleansing is absolutely crucial to healing. Please consider giving your body the opportunity to rid itself of all the things that have been put there due to diet, medications, impure water, polluted air, stress, etc. You will see a tremendous difference in your health if you cleanse. I PROMISE!
- Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils (Book): This is another really interesting book! Did you know that we store our emotions in our organs, creating ongoing patterns our body fights through. Our awesome Young Living Oils are amazing in their ability to assist the body in releasing those stored emotions and helping you to be free from even unknown emotional weight.
- Taming the Dragon Within (book): Do you deal with hormones? I don’t know many women that don’t! This book shares how to balance women’s hormones with essential oils. A guide to why you’re body is going crazy! EVERY female needs to read this book.
- Healing Oils of the Bible (book): I recently purchased this book and haven’t gotten to read it yet, but I am excited about it! It shares the scriptural use of essential oils and their rich, deep heritage. It is another wonderful piece of the oils journey to begin recognizing Biblical references to your favorite oils and to see how so long ago they were already being used in ways many people feel are “new” today.
- The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple (book): I haven’t read this book yet, but I heard it is Unbelievable! The science, truth, physical, and spiritual behind oils and why they work. God is big and great and the way He has provided for us in unimaginable. If you find yourself with uneasiness or unanswered questions about the use of these oils and why we would choose them over traditional medicine, please read this book. It is worth every penny.
- Raindrop Messenger Archives (website): Written by Dr. David Stewart, scrolling through these newsletter archives is like discovering a gold mine. http://www.raindroptraining.com/messenger/article_index.shtml
If you are interested in building your oils business:
- The Four Year Career (Young Living Addition) by Richard Brooke (book): This is a great resource to understand how the so-called “dreaded” MLM or network marketing business is not bad AT all! It gives you new belief in joining such an awesome company like Young Living and how you can share with others and grow your business. The Young Living version also has great testimonials from those that have gone through the journey themselves!
- Making the First Circle Work by Randy Gage (book): I have just begun this book, but it is a great resource to learn how to build a great “team” or to not complain about how your team is shaping up because it all comes down to one thing…YOU! It is inspiring to be a good example and to be generous and build into others. I can’t wait to finish it!
- The ABC’s of Building a Young Living Organization by Karen Hopkins (book): This book is written by Karen Hopkins and she shares how she built her business based on biblical principles to become a Platinum (or even higher rank). I have this one too…and can’t wait to read it!
I hope you enjoy the resources! As always, I am here to help you with your journey to better health. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
We at Not So Crunchy Mom are joining in the first annual Baby Steps 30 Days of Red Challenge!
We are declaring war on the “sick season” that hits with school starting and everyone returning to enclosed spaces again. We say down with the runny noses and coughs and up with our immunity! How, you ask? In the most delicious way possible.
NINGXIA RED!! (or as we call it at our house “Ninja Juice”…can you tell I have little boys that love Ninjago :))
Look at all the great stuff that it has in it:
- more beta carotene than carrots
- more vitamin C than oranges
- 18 amino acids
- 21 trace minerals
- 6 essential fatty acids
- Vitamin B1, B2, B6
- Vitamin E
How: Enter the Challenge Here
When: August 15 – September 15
What do I do: Drink 2 ounces of Ningxia Red daily (bonus points for a minimum of 64 ounces of water) AND download the calendar to log each day’s Ningxia Red (and bonus 64 ounces of water)
What to expect:
- Sustained energy
- Minimized sugar cravings
- Improved vision
- Balanced blood sugar
- Weight loss (add a few drops of grapefruit oil to water and each shot of Ningxia for best results)
- An immune boost
Supplies you will need: 60 ounces of Ningxia Red to compete (roughly two bottles plus a few pouches [bottles are 25 ounces/each] or a 30-pack of Ningxia Pouches).
Ningxia Red can be purchased as an Essential Rewards Kit with 4-bottles and 30 packets for $1.07/ounce. Consider splitting an ER pack with 2 friends or family members and all of you can share the kit and compete!
If you are a part of the Not So Crunchy Mom / Baby Steps Team: You qualify to be entered in the Baby Steps to Essential Oils drawing for a surprise gift! (Hint: rhymes with “shing-sha”)! Get your whole family on board and get everyone’s immune system up to snuff before school launches – earn a raffle entry for each family member who competes! To be enrolled in the Baby Steps drawing a photo of a completed calendar log must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enroll in the Challenge here and we’ll send you reminders and encouragement along the way!
If you are NOT a part of the Not So Crunchy Mom / Baby Steps Team: You can qualify for a special giveaway of 1 – 750ml bottle of Ningxia Red a $44.08 retail value! You can send the completed calendar log to email@example.com by September 17th:)
If you are unable to compete in the Red Challenge, then join us in the Water Challenge – our goal is 64 ounces/day (does not include juice/tea/coffee – just pure, clean, H2O!)
So it has been over a week since the big reveal! And you have put yourself out there for everyone in the world to see:) You can imagine there is a little intimidation in figuring out how you are going to eat for the “next 300+ days” to keep progressing with your journey to better health! Well…I have to admit I am not sure yet 🙂 It is such a journey to figure out what is a good balance, but that you can still see good results!
The first week, we were still pretty strict except that I added a little honey or stevia and coconut french vanilla creamer to my coffee and a couple of other things through out the week. I didn’t stress so much about the less than 2% sugar in the all natural bacon, lunch meat and hot dogs. Other than that, we kept pretty close to the plan.
After about a week, we went on our very first date night…and we “splurged” a little! Hubby had ribs that were marinated in Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce with veggies and slaw…he said that they were AMAZING! I got a wood fire grilled steak (I love red meat) with mashed potatoes (I thought I took a picture…but I guess it didn’t come through) We even had a small appetizer of bacon wrapped jalapenos! We splurged…but didn’t go crazy…and it was worth it!
Then we stopped by Central Market to see what kind of “gluten / dairy free” treats they had available. We found some cookies, but then we found….wait for it…coconut milk ICE CREAM!! It was a great brand called Coconut Bliss and it only had coconut milk and agave as the ingredients. It seems like forever since we have had a treat like that…and IT WAS SUPER TASTY! Even better we got to eat it out on the patio of Central Market and enjoy live music…and it was super cool because of the random cold front we had in Texas…such a crazy weather year!
Other than our date, I have had some peanut butter (because I have yet to find almond butter that I like), organic fruit rope, a little regular ketchup and we tried two different kinds of gluten free pancakes. I have to admit that they weren’t my favorite, but it was nice to have a change in pace:)
So…to answer the question that I have heard the most…what are you doing now…or are you still sticking to the plan? The answer is YES…most of the time! I have to admit that I have had harder days SINCE our Whole 30 ended. I am trying to figure out if it is because we have added the sugar back in or if my will power is decreasing? Either way, I feel myself “letting” myself “get away” with too many things that I wouldn’t have a few weeks ago.
Now…we have a decision to make…will we start another Whole 30? We ARE going to start our cleanse (I talked about this a little while back here). And we are going to add in a few SPECIAL extras to prep for the fall season to boost our immune systems 🙂
What do you think? Should we go for all 3 and get a full boost before the fall season kicks in?? Who wants to join us??!! (Leave me a comment below and let me know if you want to join us on our next adventure:)
When I began using my Young Living Essential Oils I didn’t really know what the best oil was for each symptom. I did know that Lavender was the “Swiss Army Knife” or I call it “The Everything Oil”! I call it that because if you aren’t sure what to use…or if you don’t have your Essential Oil Pocket Reference…use LAVENDER! Seriously, when creating the graphic for Lavender…it could have listed SO many more things!
Personal Testimonies of Everyday Uses for Young Living Lavender Essential Oil:
- Relieves Allergy Symptoms: Have you ever been outside playing with your kids or watching a great baseball game and you start the never ending sneezing…itchy throat, itchy eyes…miserable allergy attack? Me too! Usually I would try and push through or maybe even get miserable enough to use a Benadryl 🙁 But, now I don’t have to…because of Lavender! At first I would just apply under my nose or on my feet…and was afraid to try the “drop under the tongue” or “swipe the side of your mouth”. But…I tried it (I prefer the drop on finger, swipe the side of my mouth technique) and IT WORKED! Within a few minutes…my symptoms were SO much better!! Now…it does taste like you are eating flowers…but hey, it is not bad for feeling better and not drugged out from a Benadryl hangover 🙂
- Cuts / Burns / Bug Bites: I can’t even remember how many times that we have used Lavender to help with all of these things. Cuts: Recently I sliced my finger…really bad with the mandolin (the slicer, not the instrument)…while making plantain chips (which are super tasty…side note). It was cut pretty badly…I immediately applied Lavender (for healing) and Copaiba (for inflammation and pain). It was pretty well healed within 2-3 days…so much faster than if I would have just used regular medicine. Burns: I have used it multiple times when burning myself on a hot pan or a straight iron 🙁 It quickly minimizes the pain and makes it feel much better. Bug Bites: We have used it SO many times to put on mosquito & ant bites. They go from being huge itchy bumps to being smaller and heal much quicker! Plus it makes my kiddos so much happier!
- Earaches: As I mentioned in my story about being introduced to oils, Lavender was so helpful in dealing with my littles’ earaches! Since then, we have used it to avoid getting any earaches. When they show signs of drainage or discomfort, I take a drop on my finger and use it to run around and down their ears to help drain any extra drainage. We have been SO happy with the results 🙂
- Insomnia: Lavender is part of my evening sleepy oils when I need them. I apply it to my temples and across my forehead. It really seems to help…I also use Cedarwood, Peace & Calming and Valor…when I REALLY need help shutting my brain off 🙂
- Sun burns: So, of course we don’t ever WANT to get a sunburn, but sometimes it just happens and you don’t realize until you get home and look like a lobster…bad news! We immediately apply coconut oil with Lavender (and Copaiba if I have it) in it…it is so soothing. We re-apply multiple times and by the next day the “hot” feeling is usually gone and it heals much quicker!
There are SO many other uses too…but, then my post might be WAY longer!! It is really one that you should carry with you…you never know when you will need it or maybe you can share it with your friend:)
Let me know if you would like to try some Young Living Lavender Essential Oil or learn more how you can use oils to help with everyday symptoms!
I was lucky because when I was introduced to Essential Oils, the idea was so new (to me) that I didn’t feel like I had to research every company out there. It also helped that one of my best friends shared with me and I trusted her. She introduced me to Courtney (the Oily Diamond Princess…who knows EVERYTHING!) 🙂 I am SO thankful that it was Young Living that I was introduced to!
Let me share with you! What makes Young Living COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from ANY other Essential Oil company? Their 5 – Step Seed to Seal Quality Commitment!
And! YL just launched a new site to share more about their “Seed to Seal” difference: http://seedtoseal.com/en. It is AMAZING! It takes you through the 5 steps:
The site allows you to walk through each step with detailed descriptions of what is involved and even has videos about each stage! It is truly amazing the way that they are committed to bringing quality to us and our family and friends.
One of my favorite statements from the site is the PROMISE TO FAMILIES (at the bottom of the page):
“We believe that you and your family deserve products that are genuine, free of synthetic chemicals, and of unmatched purity. Seed to Seal® is both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship.”
Through each step of our production process on both our own and partner farms, we use the most exacting standards possible to make our products, your life, and the earth better. Only one company can make the Seed to Seal promise. Only Young Living.
This just confirms that Young Living is the best company for me, my family and friends. I feel confident in using their products and have seen AMAZING results in our family and SO many of our friends! I hope it helps you in your journey to find the best resource for you and your family and friends.
Thank you Baby Steps to Essential Oils for making these great graphics to share!
Do you ever have one of those days that you feel in a slump or like you are climbing Mount Everest in flip flops? Or you have such HUGE dreams that sometimes you feel like they are impossible? Well…you are not alone! I happen to LOVE pretty things…and pretty words too 🙂 I have always loved the above saying and decided today that I needed to create something to remind me that our mind and thoughts are SO powerful! If you really think about it, ANYTHING is possible with Jesus, a generous heart, a lot of work and maybe a little NingXia Red!! We have been given such a great opportunity and I hope today you are encouraged to take the next step or just keep on pushing towards your dreams! We are all in this together 🙂
What are the dreams you are reaching for?